08-18-2010, 12:39 PM
Jee
@DeuxiemeJumeau

vCash: 500
"Tampa was a huge mess" -Karri Rämö

http://www.radio-canada.ca/sports/ho...abs-ramo.shtml

from JF Chaumont

Google Translator

Karri Ramo took a long detour in his career. A detour that took him to 2,700 kilometers east of Moscow, Omsk.

Ramo did not intend to return to North America this season. Month short term.

The new acquisition of the Canadian and Pierre Gauthier will honor the final year of his two-year deal with Avangard Omsk, Jaromir Jagr's team in the Russian Continental League.

His exile did not last forever, however.

"My goal is always to play in the NHL," Ramo said in an interview from Russia with CBC Sports. I never changed my mind, this is my dream to establish myself in the NHL for several seasons. "

For the 2011-2012 season, Ramo he thinks the role of assistant to Carey Price with the CH?

"I do not want to think about it too," said Finnish goalkeeper wisely 24. For the moment I'm concentrating on my season in Omsk. At the end of my contract in Russia, I think about my future. The best scenario would possibly come to Montreal and to fight for a position. "

"If I come back in the NHL, I want to play," added former Tampa Bay Lightning. I do not ask the position of number one, but I would not want to settle for a role as number two. It's human nature, you want to play as possible and you want to fight for your ice time. "

Ramo, who has played 48 games in three seasons in Tampa, had good words for his new organization.

"I don a Canadian jersey, it would be a very nice honor. It has a rich history with this team. When I played at the Bell Centre, I have always found the atmosphere unreal. There is no better seats for hockey. "

Since the transaction with Cedrick Desjardins, Ramo said he had not yet spoken personally to one of the leaders of the Habs.

A necessary starting

Beyond the financial attractiveness of Russia, Ramo has made clear his decision to leave Tampa Bay last season.

"If I had decided to stay in Tampa, I do not know how I could get starts in the NHL. The conditions were not good with the Lightning. It was total mess with the owners and we do not know what to expect from the team. "

"When I looked at my options last year, Omsk was the best choice," said Ramo. There are so many good players in the KHL and I have the opportunity to train with a guy like Jagr every day. For my development, I had to take a different path in order to improve. But it is a world completely opposite of the NHL. "

A different world and a different temperature from the Florida ...

"Last winter, he was an average of nearly -30 degrees Celsius. It's really very cold. "

Notes and statistics:

• The Avangard Omsk's camp opened July 21 in Germany. Ramo and his teammates then headed to Omsk on August 4.
• Ramo has already played a preseason game this season
• In his first season with Omsk, he presented a record of 21-17-4 with four shutouts, an average of 2.11 and a save percentage of, 913

Jee is online now   Reply With Quote