View Single Post
Old
08-18-2010, 02:30 PM
Mario_is_BACK!!
ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Mario_is_BACK!! Send a message via MSN to Mario_is_BACK!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by static80 View Post
Be prepared to get addicted to Buffalo Chicken Wings.
Pizza and Subs are big up here as well.
Good news is that I'm already addicted to buffalo wings. Well, my gut won't tell you that's a good thing but I digress... same with pizza and subs. Yay carbs!

Quote:
Beer (the most important subject)
You can get what you want here, like just about any other location. There is, however, particular brands that are heavily consumed in the area, both are Canadian Beer's due to our proximity to Canada, obviously.
Labbatt Blue (light, lime)
Molson (Golden, Canadian, Export)
I highly recommend these 2 beers.
The very first time I was drunk was on Labbatt. I'm familiar with her and have a long standing love affair with her.

Quote:
If you smoke, 10 bucks a pack (welcome to New York)
You can get them on the Res (Indian Reservation) for as low as 2 bucks a pack.
Thankfully not an issue.

Quote:
Skiing in the southtowns (Holiday Valley, Kissing Bridge).
Some very nice state parks within travel distance. I recommend a trip to Letchworth State Park, the Gorge is absolutely breathtaking with the waterfalls, but, watch your step, people tend to get lost, hurt or both their from time to time.
They ski on things other than water?

Quote:
Get your passport!
You will want to visit the Toronto zoo and other spots around Canada. Very nice up there, especially in the summer. If your a hockey nut (your here, you must be), there is plenty of bar leagues and other, younger leagues around to play or simply watch.
This is one thing I need to work on, getting my passport. Even if I don't get the job, they are sending cruises out of Charleston now so it would be good for me to do. However, I'd love to see Canada and Toronto. Too bad I don't have the cash now.

And now for my big concern: As a single guy... how are the wimmen folk? I know I'm spoiled here in Charleston, where they are absolutely gorgeous. However, will they be barefoot in the kitchen makin' me sammiches?

Mario_is_BACK!! is offline   Reply With Quote