Old
08-18-2010, 02:51 PM
satrabyk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
completely disagree

heres why.

cally has reached his potential already. hes shown what he can be. hes a developed nhl player. hes a very good 3rd liner and a guy who can lead. hes mature, hes a warrior who plays hurt and hes a solid citizen on and off the ice.

as far as being a complete player goes, hes a finished product. hes smart on the ice and in many ways, shows very good hockey instincts. he can play a more offensive role and log top line minutes even though he shouldnt have to. his effort is always consistently consistent.

dubi on the other hand always leaves you wanting more. he shows flashes but then becomes invisible. he skates well but doesnt accomplish much with his speed. his hands are adequate but he still passes to no one to much. and he scores in bunches but those bunches come far to infrequently. his hockey iq is below average imo and his maturity level is a notch below ryans.

hes not a finished product yet. and thus, im left wanting more but thinking that this is what im gonna get from him each and every season. in other words, he may never be more than he is now.

nope, ill take cally and his consistency over dubi's potential and i wont even think twice about it.
What u have just summed up is all in favour of Dubinsky. They are both pretty equal contributors as of now but Dubinsky has more potential. I dont see your logic in choosing Cally. Consistency usually comes with age, i wouldint doubt Dubi will hit 70-80 point seasons in his prime, but Cally will never reach those numbers.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote