View Single Post
Old
08-18-2010, 04:52 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
It does in my opinion however mean that we have to go further in the playoffs, wouldn't you agree?

Our moving forward after 5 years should be easily determined by the teams overall success. That is absolutely tied into how far into the playoffs we go in my opinion. Even DL has said as much so I will allow his words to be what determines our forward progress.
In my opinion it doesn't necessarily mean that the Kings go further in the playoffs. To me if the kids end up playing a significant amount (guys like Hickey and Bernier [Schenn would be an added bonus in this area]) and then the young guys on the roster like Simmonds, Richardson, and Johnson show real improvement and look like they are ready to take on even more responsibility in the coming years, then I think the team has moved forward, even with another 1st round exit.

2011-2012 is the season I am looking to for a playoff series win. This team has surprised us so far, but I am not expecting a linear progression in the standings or in playoff success. Our best players are still in their early 20's. Expect them to be somewhat inconsistent.

The notion that the team could be cup contenders this coming season with the right moves? Well, I just don't see it even if the Kings had added Kovalchuk.