View Single Post
Old
10-02-2003, 09:01 PM
speeds

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by spaz44
The one think that may weigh in Sarno's favour is the Oil may want to give Stoll more ice time than he can get here.

Really this is a close battle and you have a legitimate point but I think Sarno has to work on a few things that Stoll already has mastered.
I'd give the spot to Sarno, for 3 reasons:

(1) on the 4th line, either guy won't log many ES minutes, and when they do, it'll likely be against the 4th lines of other teams, Sarno can probably do OK defensively against those guys

(2) Sarno can add something to the PP that other guys can't, while Stoll's apparent special teams strength, the PK, can already be filled by the likes of Horcoff, Reasoner, Moreau, York, Dvorak, Pisani. I think that means you might get more minutes out of Sarno at this point from the 4th line C spot.

(3) If you have any kind of future NHL plans for Sarno it will be tough to send him down to HAM to play first line, and tell him to work on his defence to make the next step. Perhaps it would be better to let him learn that on the fly in the NHL ( I know, it's not a developmental league, but I mean more in practice against NHL calibre guys), while Stoll can concentrate a bit more on his offensive side down in TOR.