View Single Post
Old
08-19-2010, 03:47 PM
Ginu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldthorpe View Post
But that's on the high level only. Tinordi could never develop. Or, a guy we don't rate very high could suddendly become a hot commodity. 5 years is a long time in professional sports. You can place your pieces and hope for the best, but the end result is difficult to predict.

Looking at the pieces Gauthier went after this summer, I think it's pretty much obvious what his plan is. I could understand someone not agreeing with the plan, but claiming there's simply none? It reeks bad faith.

If Gauthier was aiming at winning now now now and trading valuable youngsters for proven but ultimately aging vets, and sacrifying the habs ability to substains itself on the long term, then yes, I would agree he doesn't have a very good plan. But he's doing the exact opposite.
Any player could never develop. That's what you have scouts for. You have to evaluate based on information. There's no sure thing in sports. Do you think every single prospect that Chicago drafted and played on their Cup winning team was a home run? You have to evaluate and develop prospects. We're low on D prospects so Tinordi is a great fit. You evaluate their progress each year hence why McDonaugh was let go, Valentenko was traded, etc.