View Single Post
Old
10-02-2003, 10:05 PM
orcatown

vCash: 500
Need to separate the Sedins

IMO it is increasingly clear that Hank has moved significantly ahead of Dan. Hank has been arguably the best forward in the preseason. Daniel has been OK. Throughout their time here they've been dealt with as an entry. It's time to consider them separately and include them in the lineup based upon their own merit.

If I was forced to choose between Daniel and King I 'd take King at this point. He better on the puck, he faster and equally as good defensively. Really I don't see it as much of a decision. However, because Daniel is so inexorably linked to his brother, he gets the position. It has become axiomatic that if Hank is put on a line so then Daniel must also be on that line. I think it should be based on what is best for the club. If Hank has pulled away from his brother and Daniel is not as good as others that can be put with Hank then he should not be there.

In the end I see a line of Arvedsson (leftwing), H. Sedin and King (rightwing) as preferable to one with D. Sedin, especially if you are also asking Daniel to switch wings. In the end you have the following lines

WCE
Arved. H. Sedin King
Cooke Chub. Linden
May Lindgren Keane/Ruutu

If that's our best line up (and I think it is) then D. Sedin sits. There is no way he gets in only because we don't want ot break up the Sedins or because his brother is in the lineup.