View Single Post
08-20-2010, 03:30 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by fasterthanlight View Post

I play in a beer league where it is common for players to play 2 or 3 games in a row. Recently, I snapped my stick's blade in half, which wasn't unexpected, because the bottom of it was splintering etc.

I bought a new, nicer stick and want to do a better job protecting the blade of it. I just got back from playing 3 games, and the tape is completely split from heel to toe exposing the stick itself. Unfortunately, there isn't enough time in between games to re-tape the stick.

I do put the extra piece of tape on the bottom of the blade, and sometimes even double it up, but it seems to not make a difference.

Is there anything I can do aside from learning how to tape faster?

There's that rubberized stuff Willie Mitchell was shilling for a few years ago. Doesn't sound like you wax it, which would be a good idea. All you really need is a candle, it keeps water from getting into the seams (but this won't prevent your tape from wearing over that many games. Honestly, you just need to learn to tape your stick faster. With a little practice, you'll be able to do it in under a minute. If I was really pressed, I could do the whole thing in about 10-15 seconds.

RewBicks is offline   Reply With Quote