View Single Post
Old
08-20-2010, 09:33 AM
nickerjones

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to nickerjones Send a message via Yahoo to nickerjones
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJnet65 View Post
When you first start to learn ice hockey is a great time. I know a lot of people have some nervousness and concerns about first trying to play hockey, but once you get on the ice all that will quickly disappear.

Just go out and have fun

This is a great thread from others about their beginnings in hockey.

It's a great read for anyone thinking about starting to play hockey especially peopel who a bit older.

enjoy!

http://hockey.inlinewarehouse.com/showthread.php?t=7455
I post in the thread above lol...

However I wanted to play beginner hockey but in Oklahoma there isnt much of a beginners league. I had to actually make my own team , find my players etc.. It was quite the challenge . We just finished our first season. 5 wins and 12 losses. The highlight being that we beat the undefeated (13-0 at the time) 1st place team a couple weeks ago. We were down 4-0 but battled back and won 8-5 . It was awesome. The best part is all the teams in all divisions love our team. We are newbs who just love playing, I guess it didnt hurt we started BBQ'ing in the parking lot after a few games and invited all the teams to partake with us. It was a blast and we are looking forward to winter season already!

nickerjones is offline   Reply With Quote