View Single Post
Old
08-20-2010, 11:08 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba11 View Post
Not many people will like this article, but it's the truth. Although, I still think Mr. Dionne is right and Trevor Timmins should be fired. I hate the guy, it's incredible how he drafts. The whole Montreal management is so passive and just see how Yzerman shook things up in Tampa. Fire Timmins, change GM. I remember Eric Desjardins wanting the job of director of scouting in Montreal. He's still working for the Flyers with their prospects and scouting team and he does a pretty good job with guys like Giroux and James van Riemsdyk.
What did Yzerman do ? Ooo he brought in Simon Gagné who has 1 year left and Montréal couldn't fit him under the cap. However, he'll be a FA next year when we'll have room. We can get Gagné for free. On top of that, why would Philadelphia help us out ? Exactly.

He signed a great AHL coach, but can he be a great NHL coach ? We'll see. Then he signed a bunch of crappy players, acquired a 3rd string goalie with no NHL experience, extended St. Louis (good move) and drafted a guy who's known to have injury problems.

Oh boy, he did well. Mean while, Trevor Timmins has helped the habs place 2nd for most players drafted by the team and still playing in the NHL.

Oh yes, Trevor Timmins, you suck. Sure, he's not as aggressive and taking a chance with players with high ceiling, but a high chance to fail, but he still gets the job done.

Hey, everyone, let's give a round of applause to Yzerman. He's added a new coach, re-signed a great player, added a top 6 forward and still have crappy depth, defense and goaltending.

Also, having a top 3 pick kind of makes it easier to choose someone who will be decent. That's what JVR was, but I guess you don't remember and just want to throw names out there and hope no one calls you on it.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote