View Single Post
Old
08-20-2010, 10:49 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba11 View Post
Not many people will like this article, but it's the truth. Although, I still think Mr. Dionne is right and Trevor Timmins should be fired. I hate the guy, it's incredible how he drafts. The whole Montreal management is so passive and just see how Yzerman shook things up in Tampa. Fire Timmins, change GM. I remember Eric Desjardins wanting the job of director of scouting in Montreal. He's still working for the Flyers with their prospects and scouting team and he does a pretty good job with guys like Giroux and James van Riemsdyk.
Yzerman had the green light to completely rebuild in TB. We still have no idea just how good his moves are. Sure, they might look good for now especially considering the mess they were in before, but things could end up looking just as bleek as they were.
Boucher is a rookie coach, it'll be interesting to see how he transitions to NHL. Even Vinny and Gagné are question marks. Gagné often gets injured and Vinny has underperformed the past two years.
Only St-Louis and Stamkos are the safe bets.

I don't think they can be any worse than before personally, but to praise Yzerman like he's some genius without having seen his team play once is very foolish.

We completely revamped our roster last year and made it to the ECF, I'll bet you anything TB doesn't go that far.
We will again have a chance to change a big part of our roster next season as we will only have Subban, Spacek, Gomez, Gionta, Cammy, Plek, Eller and Moen under contract (likely Price as well). A lot of cap room will be free to us and we'll see what Gauthier can do with it.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote