View Single Post
Old
04-17-2005, 10:07 PM
GoneFullHolmgren
def. hockey FAIL

vCash: 50
Just got back from the road trip. all i can say is wow am i exhausted. those 2 games were as gutwrenching as i am ever going to attend. Very frustrating loss on Saturday night. Monarchs totally outplayed Bridgeport, but missed on a few chances and couldnt get that tying goal despite getting those 40 shots or whatever it was. Todays game they came out and played pretty well, got the early goal from Clarke on something I wish they would do more often when they are open. AKA shooting the puck when the chance is there. The 2nd goal was just a great individual effort by Grebs who came out of the penalty box, moved in on Sanford waited for him to commit and got that very critical second goal. From there it was all about survival and they held on for a gutsy 2-1 win. Hartford lost anyway for the icing on the cake. We had 6 busses down there for the Worcester game. the security and staff got treated to the game plus our bus of course
We took up a couple of sections for the most part and we were the loudest section in the whole building with our LETS GO MONARCHS chant. It was so loud in fact that the arena staff in Worcester turned the volume up of the music while we were chanting that during a stoppage in play. So they drop the puck the music goes off of course and we start in again with a LETS GO MONARCHS chant again. it was awesome. People in other sections were just looking at us like WTF? lol. They had "announced crowd" of over 10k in Worcester today, but to be honest if there was 6k there i would be shocked. I really was expecting a full house on the last day.
Anyway It was awesome to see them clinch the division finally and greeting the team back at the VWA later that early evening. The turn out for that was great and I would like to thank the players and coaches for taking a few minutes of there time to spend with us even thou we all knew just how tired they were.

GREAT JOB GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by GoneFullHolmgren: 04-18-2005 at 01:15 AM.