View Single Post
Old
08-20-2010, 05:52 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Yea, well that's fine and all, but it's not any easier to find. I'd love it if we could have a Qc superstar over here.
There aren't too many around the league and you probably won't get one through the draft unless you have a top pick and land on the right draft year.

But there reason I said it'd be interesting to see if they stock up on them. It's because guys like JC Lajoie aren't just talking about getting that big French player, they whine about Desjardins being moved. They're not talking about the Lapierres, Latendresses, Bouillons or Begins, they're talking about worst than that. They're talking about 26yo Goalies being moved around in AHL.

I can't disagree with anyone wanting a local superstar, of course I'm all for it as well. But the whiners aren't just talking about it, they whine.
Don't be fooled. If there was someone of Lecavalier magnitude in town, much, much less would be made of the deals involving the Desjardins, Bouillons, and Dandenaults of the world. Latendresse would be a medium sized story instead of a large one, Desjardins would be minor instead of medium, etc, because the top cheese would still be in town and the media would still spend most of their time following him around and asking him to comment on every little thing.

Ohashi_Jouzu is online now   Reply With Quote