Thread: Line Combos: Signed Team + Cap
View Single Post
Old
08-20-2010, 06:20 PM
Clive Barley
Condra Commander

vCash: 500
I think Cowen getting Mono is the best thing that could have happened for his development. In my opinion, one more year in junior to finally get 100% of his game back; confidence from dominating younger players and any mental reserves he may or may not have left over due of his injury. I've said it many times; when you already have a log jam of defensemen vying for a number 6 spot, there's no reason to rush a promising prospect and spend needless cap on keeping other guys in the press box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefenseMinister View Post
Don't overthink it:

Phillips-Gonchar
Kuba-Karlsson
Campoli-Carkner
Lee

Barring injuries or something really out of the ordinary taking place, those are your pairings.

Based on Dorion's comments on the Team in an interview a week or two ago, the Sens have downgraded their expectations for Cowen being in the position to compete for a spot based on his recovery from mono. Before that happened, the defense was a little more unpredictable but now that they're fairly certain Cowen won't be ready for an NHL job out of camp, they'll just go with what they have.

Ryan Shannon also isn't going anywhere. They're the ones who gave him the 1 way deal, they'll have to live with it.

Clive Barley is offline   Reply With Quote