View Single Post
Old
08-20-2010, 07:31 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
possibly...i wouldnt know. im a right handed playing defenseman and i really dont care which side i play on...i like the right since i find it easier to keep the puck in along the boards...but other than that, it doesnt really matter to me...not sure why being left handed changes it so much *shrugs*
The thing is I don't think you want to mess with a young player while they are still learning the position on the fly in the NHL. One of the biggest problems this organization has had is playing players out of position. Del Zotto is very young in a lot of ways and it doesn't make sense to have him learning what it takes to be a solid all around defenseman and playing out of position. Especially given his shortcoming at even-strength last season.

The organization pretty much has no choice but to have Girardi playing in the top four on defense (I'm not saying it's a bad thing--Girardi is capable of it). If Del Zotto makes so many mistakes that Girardi can't cover for him, I think the problem is with Del Zotto, not Girardi and having Del Zotto playing that many minutes will need to be reconsidered. And that's a problem I hope the Rangers don't have to face.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote