Old
08-20-2010, 09:20 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
You do know that they added Arnott, right? Not to mention added few d-men while losing only Martin who played 22 games for them last season.. Means, NJ can play with out Martin. With or with out Kovalchuk NJ is a solid playoff team. Now they may or may not do a lot in playoffs but they will get there for sure.

Hedberg also decent NHL back up.

By the way Kovalchuk will sign with NJ. It's just a matter of time and contract.
Yeah but depending on how much they get Kovalchuk for, they are going to lose other players. Everything I have read suggests that Zubrus may be on his way out if Kovalchuk comes in and depending on what they pay for Kovy they will probably have to lose more than that. Arnott is a solid player, but dude's getting up there in years, he'll put in 20 goals if he is lucky. The Devils may have multiple lines with players not quite ready for the NHL or old washed up vets. The signing of Volchenkov was an awesome move, but their third pairing is going to be worse than the Flyers last season. I wouldn't be shocked if the Devils made the playoffs. The Devils do always find a way to make it and it usually involves winning the division. Haha. I just think that the Devils may be in trouble this year. You can never count Marty Brodeur out but he is another guy who is getting old and has to slow down some time. This could be that year. Like I said, come playoff time, it wouldn't surprise me to see NJ on the top of that list, but I think they're gonna miss the playoffs. Maybe be the 9 or 10 team. We'll see.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote