View Single Post
Old
08-21-2010, 03:25 AM
Injektilo

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Injektilo
I got a question about playing a 3 on 2 as a Dman.

So the bad guys are coming down three on two, winger (LW) carrying it over the blue line close to the boards, say about 10 feet from the boards.

Dman(1) tries to keep him to the outside, but then when he hits the top of the circle, he drops the puck back for the center who is just crossing the blue line.

So, other winger(RW) is going to the net with the other Dman(2) covering him, and then winger(LW) who carried the puck in drops it off at the top of the circle for the C to grab.

So now the C has the puck at the top of the circle, the D(1) guy is say standing on the faceoff dot, and LW is breaking for the net.

What does D1 do? Does he challenge the C with the puck and leave the LW open for a return pass which opens up the 2 on 1 down low in the slot? Does he cover the LW and let the C walk right in on goal? I know the backchecking C on the defending team should be taking the C, but that doesn't always happen when guys are tired or lazy.

I (as D1) generally try to challenge the C while staying in the passing lane to the LW, but it's generally impossible to avoid giving up a high quality chance there.

Last edited by Injektilo: 08-21-2010 at 03:30 AM. Reason: ascii art visualization didn't work.
Injektilo is offline   Reply With Quote