View Single Post
Old
04-18-2005, 12:32 AM
Gardebut30

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Messenger
It was just and example .. Why did you feel I had to pick a player equal to Crosby, which of cousre there may not be any if he turns out as expected .. I hate the Habs but would be the first to admit that If I was in charge of he league I would want to see Crosby end up in Canada where he is known well and particularly if it was his hometown .. Just like Gilbert Brule would be a good fit in Vancouver as a UFA and Leafs and Ottawa would have local Ontario boys Ryan and Benoit that would be good for the hometeams ..

Next year I would be similar and feel Phil Kessel would grow the game more in a USA market as a hero as everyone knows him ..
I agree with you about Kessel - but Crosby would go a great deal to moving the sport into the states - if he went to an American team. Not saying he has to be in Chicago, but any hockey market like Boston, NYR, etc. (except Detroit please ). I'm not a Leaf basher. But I just believe money doesn't seem to be an issue with him.

If a player is well known in Canada, how does that expand the game? This game needs to grow. I don't want to see him in Columbus and such as the next guy, but let's be serious.

If he ends up in Toronto or any other city by some means, so be it. I just feel this game needs a kick in the butt, to jumpstart itself, however that may be. And I personally don't feel Sidney Crosby in Toronto will do that.

Where should he end up? I don't know. I'm just an ignorant fan. All I'm saying is, I hope he ends up in a place where it'll help the health of the sport.