View Single Post
Old
04-18-2005, 01:04 AM
Gardebut30

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Messenger
I am not a Crosby Fan, I just do not see him holding up to the NHL pounding .. he is only 5'10" but plays bigger and even in the Q he takes a beating ..

If Toronto got him via the lottery .. I would offer him to the Highest Bidder and the return would be greater then Crosby himself ..

If Toronto could parlay him into a guaranteed player say Dany Heatley for example .. or a package of young players/ picks ..

Crosby to Chicago for Tuomo Ruutu, Mark Bell, Cam Barker .. What you think??
First, in a possible "new" NHL, I believe, teams will value their picks more. So to that proposal - No. Not that Crosby's not worth it, but Ruutu, Bell, and Barker, have yet to show what they might be. As a fan, I'm willing to hold the fort on them.

Second, wherever Crosby ends up, I just hope its for the good of the game. We need a boost, as a sport. I love hockey, played it to the NCAA, love the NHL, don't want to see it disappear in the states. I just want to see the game survive in the states cuz ESPN paints or portrays such a disgusting image of hockey on its website and such that i want to puke.