View Single Post
Old
08-21-2010, 04:31 PM
IrishSniper87

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUHockey9 View Post
I can't possibly see Hartnell-Briere-Leino being broken up until they stink it up.
Why not? I sure can. The line clicked in the playoffs, get over it. The team has changed since then. Gagne-Richards is split up, Carter is healthy, and our lines will be shifted. Lavi will not force Richie or Carter to play with junk just to keep the H-B-L line together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
I do not think Briere is capable playing center for 82 regular season games. Thats why I think this line will be taken apart at some point during the season.
Agreed, it will be gone in pre-season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUHockey9 View Post
Oh, I certainly agree there. Hell, every line is broken up at some point. I just don't get why people are breaking it up before training camp even happens. Once they struggle, it will be broken up, but not until then.
It will break up in training camp. This thread is about line combos for next YEAR, not just the pre-season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartsiephan View Post
Does it really matter in regards to Carters health, even when healthy he has failed to show up as needed. And regular season is not different, when he wants to score he scores a ppg, when he doesn't he is invisible for a guy with his talent. Stop making excuses.
This is not right at all. Carter tries very hard, people just hate him here because he is not Mike Richards and plays a different type of game. He is quick with a powerful shot (which is why he was so ineffective in the playoffs on two bad feet), but people here want him to be something he is not, a dominant on ice power forward.

Hartnell-Richards-Zherdev (defacto top line, Richards playmaker for Zherdev, the shooter, while Harts sits in front of the net)
JVR-Carter-Briere (secondary scoring, JVR is the powerforward where Carter and Briere dominate puck possession, JVR has to learn his role and know where to be without the puck, Carter and Briere also swap positions a lot on the ice)
Leino-Giroux-Powe/Carcillo (gives Giroux open space and Leino a chance to play with a playmaker, Powe and Carcillo can swap)
Carcillo/Powe-Betts-Lappy (standard 4th line)
Shelley (sub in 4th line for injuries and such

I can see Hartnell and JVR swapping if Hartnell needs to be with Briere and Carts again and JVR proves he can handle ice time. JVR is on a stict conditioning regimen this offseason I believe.

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote