View Single Post
Old
08-21-2010, 07:58 PM
This
That

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
Elliott was the #1 last year after Leclaire was injured and then simply outplayed him the rest of the way, being the team's best player over the course of the late win streaks.

What has changed? Not a whole lot. The former rookie, Elliott, has more experience and a grueling offseason training regime while Leclaire is out of shape and still has many health concerns.

To think that Elliott can't be the #1 on this team is foolish and reeks of a short memory.

Whoever has the better camp will get the chance to be the #1. Maybe that will be Leclaire but I wouldn't put money on it. Clouston has a lot more confidence in Elliott as we saw last season.
I don't have a short memory, in fact quite the opposite. I recall Leclaire playing poorly upon returning from injury, that's a given, but I also recall him coming into his own and showing why he should be the number one right before his first injury. He then regained form in the playoffs with a stellar showing. The common denominator being that it took time for him to find his form, after twice returning from injury (once right before the season started and then again after the Fisher incident).

So actually, I don't think him reclaiming the #1 spot is too far-fetched, however to say that he won't be training extremely hard over the summer most certainly is, especially since we have added a goalie coach who made a point of saying that he was going to work on his training and conditioning.

This is offline   Reply With Quote