View Single Post
Old
08-21-2010, 09:16 PM
Adversary

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starchild74 View Post
Yes Clark has a better goals per game then Linden and yes the top 3 season compared to the two. However once again you are missing the big picture. Clark missed alot of games. Would you rather a guy who scores 30 goals but only plays half the season or a guy who scores 30 and plays a full season. Now before you go and check I am just using this as an example not real stats. I would much rather have a guy who plays the full year. Linden was there when his team needed him most of the time. For the first 9 seasons Clark was with the leafs 36% of the time when the Leafs needed him he was on the sideline. Remember we are not talking about one year or two years. We are talking a career.

Yes it took Linden 500 games to score 45 more goals. Linden was just consistent especially in his career. Do not get me wrong Clark could have had a better career and maybe could have been a super star power forward like Cam Neely, but he wasn't. He was loved by the leafs and rightfully so and I might give the edge as far as skill to Clark in goal scoring in the end he just wasn't consistent enough that is all.
I think you are the one missing the point. Linden was an excellent player and, I believe, underrated.

But seriously, who would you rather have play 1000 games for your team ... ?

Adversary is offline   Reply With Quote