View Single Post
Old
08-22-2010, 02:25 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amateur Hour View Post
It's going to be pretty funny to read your posts when Maroon doesn't even come close to making the team out of camp. He had as many goals playing for the Phantoms as Carcillo did playing for the Flyers last year. There's no room for him in our top 9, give me a break.
Believe it or not, I'm going to defend NWO on this one.

Just let me point out really quickly that never would I expect NWO to say that Maroon has a shot at anything.

Anyway, claiming that Maroon had as many goals with the Phantoms as Carcillo had with the Flyers is a little unfair. What you seem to be suggesting is that Carcillo would have more goals than Maroon if Maroon was given the same opportunity as Carcillo.

That's completely incorrect. Maroon's skill level compared to Carcillo is like comparing Scott Hartnell to Darroll Powe only the difference is likely greater.

If Maroon plays well enough to make the team in camp, he will make the team. To believe otherwise is completely foolish.

That said, out of himself, Testwuide, Nodl, and Kalinski, the four with a legitimate shot, he easily has the most skill and might be the closest to ready other than Nodl. He's certainly the closest thing we have to a top 9 player who might be ready.

Again, we will see how things go in camp, but if you're one of the poor souls still crying over Mike Knuble, then saying you wouldn't give Maroon a shot is pretty ignorant and stupid.

EDIT:

That said, the lineup I'm penciling in is Carcillo on the left side until proven otherwise, but I'm pulling for the following lineup because I think it has the chance at being the most successful:

Maroon - Carter - Zherdev
Hartnell - Briere - Leino
vanRiemsdyk - Richards - Giroux
Powe - Betts - Laperriere
Carcillo - Shelley

Pronger - Carle
Timonen - Coburn
Meszaros - O'Donnell
Walker

Leighton
Boucher

Maroon's hands to bang home the junk that Carter and Zherdev throw at the net...that would be a sight to behold. I'd love to get him set up in the crease for a line like that.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote