View Single Post
Old
08-22-2010, 06:14 PM
quoipourquoi
Goaltender

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ice berg slim View Post
Sakic gets a little too much credit. I always hear, "Well Forsberg had Sakic" Yet I rarely hear it the other way around. Sakic and Forsberg helped each other out tremendously in their respective careers.
I would've agreed up until the last half of the 2006-07 season when Sakic was matching Thornton point-for-point in an attempt to get the Avalanche in the playoffs. That's all the evidence I need in order to be convinced that he could've done it all the same without Forsberg... though I maintain that Forsberg was the better player of the two when reasonably healthy.

And I find that Messier gets too little credit. 2nd All-Time in Points, didn't eat up Gordie Howe-type minutes, and completely elevated his game when he was the #1 center to the point that even without Art Ross Trophies, he was arguably as valuable as Mario Lemieux and maybe even more valuable than post-Oiler Gretzky. And where is he on HOH 100? Like... 22nd... well behind Lidstrom... who couldn't beat Pronger, Sakic, Forsberg, Thornton, St. Louis, or Theodore for a Hart nomination, let alone two outright wins.

quoipourquoi is offline   Reply With Quote