View Single Post
Old
10-03-2003, 03:28 AM
deandebean

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tritone
True , Jarvis hasn't really proven anything on an NHL level, but Julien spectacular ? I think Julien in the NHL has been anything but spectacular , and you can say "he didn't have a chance yet" that's true, but neither has Jarvis right ?

I agree that we should give Julien a chance but really don't see how you could say Julien has been spectacular THROUGHOUT ALL his career . Maybe we should give him a chance to be spectacular before touting as such IMO of course

Errrr...I guess winning the Memorial Cup, having solid Q teams in the playoffs, putting a Hamilton team on the cusp of greatness aint spectacular, huh?

The name of the game is defence. Let him install his system and let's see if it gets us results.

You know what's wrong with the picture, though? There are way too many veterans on this team. Julien could have done wonders with a bunch of youngsters that are more willing to listen to him. Gainey, in a sense, is already starting the season with a strike against Julien.

By the way, you could put freaking Scott Bowman behind the bench right now. This team is just plain bad on paper.