View Single Post
Old
08-23-2010, 08:11 AM
donpaulo
Capt Barry Beck

vCash: 500
I think there is perhaps a 10% chance that Christensen is on the top line. I more likely think that he sees the pressbox. He is just too inconsistent, and will ride the pine once he takes too many shifts off which has been his modus vivendi during his NHL career. Perhaps Prospal slots onto the top line, but I still maintain that Todd White is a major upgrade on anyone the rangers can plug into that spot.

Redden cannot make the team unless another salary is cut. So while it is possible The WADE will make the club, that means that another salary is out the door. After hearing Torts speak about the WADE in his interview he clearly said that redden was given ample chance to earn his stripes and he didn't make it. He said so in the exit interview. The writing is on the wall. He had his chance and didn't do anything with it, not enough to warrant slats contract anyway ...

I also think Avery is on thin ice too. NY could use even more salary squeeze room and to light a fire under Sean by starting him in the minors would really get him going. That would also allow NY to find a spot for a kid such as Weise. I believe Avery's contract is 1.9 million which is a significant cap hit.

Drury and Anisimov probably switch lines, due to AA's solid defense and need for physical linemates which he himself said he needed. Callahan is just what the doctor ordered for AA's game to take another step forward. Perhaps by the all star game AA can move up to the 2nd line. After hopefully Drury is traded to a contender.

I am hoping Gilroy brings a snarl because his game really needs a physical aspect.

I also believe that Boyle gets the 4th line center job, but only keeps it if he brings the sandpaper, the facewash and the forecheck. NY so desperately needs a guy like him to finish his checks.

finally my wish is that MZA makes the 2nd line and clicks on the PP. NY really needs a forward willing to shoot the frickin puck, no more patty cake perfect shot nonsense. Snap it on net, with someone in front and look for the ugly goal. Drury excels at that. Put Drury, Dubinsky and MZA out there...

donpaulo is offline   Reply With Quote