View Single Post
Old
08-23-2010, 04:56 PM
x BEUKEBOOM x
Buuuuuuuuuuuk !

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Maybe it's just a quirk of mind but I have a hard time liking defensemen who avoid the physical parts of their position. That's one reason I never cared for Poti. Sanguinetti seemed to be pretty much the same. Something like that shouldn't need to be developed so much. It should come with the job description. Sanguinetti was somewhere around a point a game for the first 20-30 games last season in the AHL and then he just flopped. His time with the Rangers didn't do anything to convince me he was ready. To be honest getting two picks including a 2nd for him wasn't too bad considering. Will he be an NHL defenseman? Probably--but at this point in time I don't see him becoming a major factor unless and until someone gets him to play his position better and start taking the body.
Very true, not that he should be a banger so to speak, but it does seem he was content with trying to stick check more often then not. I never understood defenders who treat the position like a back checking forward. As a Dman you gotta know when to use your stick and when to step up into a guy to impeed his line into the zone.

x BEUKEBOOM x is offline   Reply With Quote