View Single Post
Old
08-24-2010, 01:26 PM
David Singleton
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
I'll admit, the money is higher than I expected, but not by much and I believe this deal places a bit of risk on both sides. Obviously if Hornqvist pulls a Little and reverts to a 15 goal scorer, he'll be overpaid. However, if Hornqvist maintains or builds on his 30 goal season from last year...it'll wind up a steal for the Preds.

As long as Patric remains on a line with guys that put the puck to the net, he will get his goals. Hornqvist doesn't create offense on his own, rather he creates offense by being very willing and very good at going hard to the net and making life difficult on both the goalie and the defensemen by screening before the shot, getting deflections on the initial shot towards the net, and relentlessly pouncing on any rebounds created.

Personally, I'm happy to see Hornqvist locked up for the next three years and am ecstatic when I realize that at the end of this deal...Hornqvist will still be under our control as an RFA!!!
The only problem is that Arnott and Weber were the only ones besides Hornqvist himself to come close to topping 200 shots on goal (and Arnott's not here anymore).

This is going to be interesting this year.

David Singleton is offline   Reply With Quote