View Single Post
Old
08-24-2010, 01:50 PM
nlowry

vCash: 500
hey guys, newbie here but i've been reading this forum for a few weeks now and after seeing some of the comments in this thread i had to join.

Here's my take on the Calgary/NYR/PHI rumors.

The Rangers are in desperate need of top tier reliable defensemen. With the rumors of Redden's pending buyout (theoretically to make room for Stall) and the Rangers already flirting with salary cap i don't think they are left with too many options. Del Zotto played really well last year, but if Rangers fans are counting on him and Stall to carry this team...i hope they both can play 45mins a game because apart from those 2 guys the Rangers are VERY weak at D. The one thing Calgary has to offer is depth at defense, and plenty of the "stay at home" gritty d-men than the Rangers have none of. Luckily for Flames fans Glen Sather is famous for spending excessive amounts of money on old hockey players who are 3 years past their prime. Can anyone say Cory Sarich?

As far as Jeff Carter goes, yeah we all know his name has been thrown around in trade rumors for months now. But it's just a matter of time until Philly pulls the trigger. Like it or not, Jeff Carter will NOT be wearing a Flyers jersey to start the 2011 season. He's an RFA next year and with the Flyers dropping huge $$$ on long term deals with Briere, Richards, Timonen, Pronger, Hartnell, Meszaros, Carle and Coburn...Philly simply won't have the cap space to keep Carter next year and have enough money to resign Giroux, Carcillo and Leino. So, Philly fans...it's time to decide, trade Carter now or lose him for nothing.

That being said, I don't think Calgary has anything that Philly would want/need. So Jeff Carter will not be wearing the flaming C anytime soon.

nlowry is offline   Reply With Quote