View Single Post
Old
08-24-2010, 02:11 PM
Edge

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUNRISE27EMTK View Post
You are probably better going somewhere else since they had him as one of their top 5 prospects as of Feb 2010. From the majority of posts seems they have changed their thoughts on him since he was traded . Not saying his a top 4 or anything but you have to wonder if the fans thought highly of him to vote him their top 5 prospect. McD was 6th on that list.

TOP PROSPECTS

1. D Michael Del Zotto
2. C Artem Anisimov
3. LW Evgeny Grachev
4. C Derek Stepan
5. D Bobby Sanguinetti
I think that's a bit of an oversimplification. Since that time both Del Zotto and McDonagh have continued to progress, while Sanguinetti didn't quite take it up a notch. That's where Sanguinetti tends to lose support, he pretty much flatlined.

Factor in the belief that McD is considered, at this point, to be more NHL ready and it's not hard to see where Sangs was facing an uphill battle.

On a team that has Staal, Girardi,Del Zotto, Gilroy and McDonagh, all under the age of 26 and having played or expected to play in the NHL, it becomes a numbers game. And in this case, Sangs was sitting 6th in that race.

I still think Sangs can become an NHL defenseman. But I don't think he's going to be the 15 goal, 50 point offensive player that was hoped for when he was drafted.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote