View Single Post
Old
08-24-2010, 05:21 PM
1Knee1T
OHH MAMMA DONT U CRY

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Re-reading this, I love the comment about players who stop right when you pass it to where they are going to be. Happened a lot at pickup last week.

Also, for the beginners, put some damn mustard on those passes. Nothing worse than a soft pass.

From the Jack Falla book, one thing that stuck in my head was when he played with Gretzky, and Gretzky told him that he passes the puck hard when a player is stationary and softer when a player is moving. Don't know where to go with that, but thought I'd throw it out there.
If he's stationary, the pass needs to be fast because the other team knows that he isn't moving, so they would have all day to forecheck him if it was a soft pass. The lead pass being soft allows the receiver to catch the puck easily and continue up ice, or even catch it and change directions quickly.

Regardless, every situation is different. If I catch a d-man snoozing with my teammate cutting behind him, you can be damn sure my pass would be a bullet to his stick. I don't want to let that defensemen recover by throwing a lazy pass up ice just so the winger can control is easier.

1Knee1T is offline   Reply With Quote