Thread: Confirmed with Link: Cody Franson Signs two year $800K per year
View Single Post
Old
08-24-2010, 11:09 PM
predfan24

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by predsicle420 View Post
I'm not comparing anything Your right Franson couldnt have played those minutes LAST year. If we reward people for one great year, i.e. hornqvist, what happens when someones year is awful, i.e. Klein? Cody showed when given the chance to play that he is a solid player not a reliability and also a couple years younger more room to grow etc. But never once did i see him on the opposite end of the highlight reel (Datsyuk stripping Klein then potting it in the net aka Klein gettin eaten alive) Ya i know Klein played more minutes which means more chances to screw up but i can tell you there were more times that i said he was the weakest defender on our team than did i say anything positive about him. I'm talking about the future, as in give Franson those minutes this year and i think he'll do a better job than Klein did last year.
If Franson actually would have played significant even strength minutes against guys Datsyuk he would have been victimized tons of times. I agree Klein has some problems but as far as leaning on someone when the going gets tough Klein gets the call every time. NHL level coaches agree me as well so I think I'm on the right path. Also, you can't bring up certain plays as to reasons why one player is struggling. Everyone gets embarrassed in this league playing D. Case in point:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNRFLEO3aAA

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote