View Single Post
Old
08-25-2010, 02:16 AM
Bleach Clean

vCash: 500
I'm unsure as to when this signing took place. Did it happen before conversations with Asham, or after? If it was before and then kept quite, then MG is still looking to sign players (perhaps Nolan and Morrison are still on the agenda. If it was after, he could be seen as the consolation prize to missing out on Asham. Basically, it tells us if the Canucks are still looking to sign players for the bottom 6.

On Inconsistency: This is the type of inconsistancy that teams should take a chance on. When struggling, Torres still doesn't hurt the team defensively. He's not noticeable on the ice. That is different from being noticeably bad, ala Bieksa. Or, getting unecessary PIMs, ala O'Brien. It's a different type of low end to expect. In that vein, I'm good with Torres coming to this team.

Players I'd still like to see added: Nolan and Kennedy. Nolan seems to still have something left in the tank. He can be useful in a mentorship role, and still has touch enough to be good on the PP. I've been interested in where Kennedy will end up this summer. To me, he's got solid potential and plays gritty enough to be useful in the bottom 6. Lastly, Morrison/Begin/Comrie are still out there for a 4th line C solution.

Bleach Clean is offline   Reply With Quote