View Single Post
Old
08-25-2010, 04:14 AM
Trottier
Very Random

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ushvinder View Post
Okay, by that logic, why is Trottier always ranked below esposito and jagr? Those two brought nothing else to the table other than offense?
Esposito actually was a very complete hockey player - and a prolific scorer.

Jagr was quite possibly one of the top ten offensive talents ever. My own opinion - and that's all it is - when it comes to certain (very, very rare) players is that they are so exceptional in a single aspect that it renders the rest of their game unimportant.

The best examples, of course, are #99 and #66. I think that is the case with Jagr. If your point is that Trottier's offense did not match up Jagr's, no disagreement there. But "weak"? Yikes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMe View Post
I apologize if it looked like I was trying to imply that Trottier was a product of Bossy; I meant nothing of the sort. I was implying that perhaps Potvin had a greater effect on the production of his teammates than Trottier did.
No need to apologize. It's just opinion. No right or wrong. And I could make a very good case for Potvin, too; he controlled the game from the blueline and was a force on "both sides" of the puck. As great as those NYI teams were, they do not win Cups without any of the big three.

Last edited by Trottier: 08-25-2010 at 04:24 AM.
Trottier is offline   Reply With Quote