View Single Post
Old
10-03-2003, 05:27 AM
DarioinDenver

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jericholic19
Sauve badly needs to work on his stick handling. Kudos to him though for having the balls to come out of his net on a regular basis. That takes guts when you know you are a poor stick handler.
Sauve is actually scouted for having good to very good ability to handle the puck. It's supposed to be one of his strengths as a goaltender, same with Budaj. Sounds like Sauve never really got comfortable from what everyone is saying however.

I think the Avalanche made mistakes with their development cycle on Nederost and Skoula. I think they made the jump too quickly and it slowed their developement. While I would love to see Svatos and McCormick play in the NHL I can't help but think a season of 80 games with 15-20 minutes per at the AHL level wouldn't be better for them. Liles is a different story because he's older and I think he could make the jump and play 10-15 in a 5th/4th defenseman role. I understand some people's concern with Liles because of the game but I think you also have to consider he was being paired in a top pairing situation when in the regular season he should only get in the 3rd pairing situation for the most part. He usually won't face the Modanos, Arnotts etc..., but second tier forwards who he should be able to outskate.