View Single Post
Old
08-25-2010, 08:41 AM
Habsrule

vCash: 500
Third scoring line?

So I will assume that Gomez, Gionta, Plekanec, Cammalleri, Pouliot and Kostitsyn will make up our top two lines to start the season. I was thinking that we could have a decent scoring third line. Here are the eligible players:

Dustin Boyd-- He has had back to back 11 goal seasons and is only 24 years old. He could score 15 goals realistically.

Max Lapierre-- He had a pretty bad year offensively last year but the year before he did notch 15. He turned up his game in the playoffs last year and hopefully he plays like that player again. He is only 25 years old.

David Descharnais-- Yes he is very small but he did manage to get 78 points in 60 games for the Bulldogs last year. He has to clear waivers if he gets sent back down to the AHL and he is only 24 so I would assume someone would claim him. If you have to keep him on the NHL roster you may as well put him in a spot that he could succeed.

Max Pacioretty-- He did not play all that great last year but from what I read he played injured and he has put on ten pounds of muscle this summer. He has all the tools he just has not yet put them all to use. He is only 22 years old.

Lars Eller-- He got 57 points in 70 games in his rookie AHL season. He led his team in scoring and had 15 more points than any other forward on his team. He is only 21 years old and should be a NHL regular this season.

I am sorry to all you Habs fans but I did not include Alexander Avtsin as I think that he should have at least one year in Hamilton. All of the players who I had listed are between the ages of 21 and 25. They are all in the great age range to have break out seasons.

Any agree or disagree with me?

Habsrule is offline   Reply With Quote