Thread: Bryan Trottier
View Single Post
Old
08-25-2010, 12:34 PM
Infinite Vision*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BraveCanadian View Post
Even if you concede the point that he dropped off a little early.. his offensive peak still stands up with pretty much anyone.

Lafleur whom everyone here seems to agree had a fantastic offensive peak had in his top 6 seasons 327 goals, 439 assists and 766 points.

Trottier in his top 6 seasons had 256 goals 448 assists for 704 points.

Now obviously Lafleur peaked higher, especially as a goal scorer, but he gets all kinds of credit for that short but wonderful peak. And please don't roll out the different era argument when their career years mostly overlap.

Trottier is within hailing distance of that same peak for points, adds every other hockey skill you can think of at an excellent level and gets put down for having the short peak.

How many players have a peak that has more than 6 career years, anyways? Not too damn many.

I just don't get why there seems to be a double standard for Trottier. Again, I don't see how he can really move up the HOH list against that competition because he is already quite high.. although I think the case could be made. I am just trying to understand why he seems to get so little appreciation in general.
I agree. I'd be all for him being top 20. I do think he was better than some of the players ranked ahead of him here. With that said, if Trottier deserves top 20, I think Forsberg deserves to be top 50 atleast.

Infinite Vision* is offline   Reply With Quote