View Single Post
Old
08-25-2010, 02:40 PM
RightKinger

vCash: 500
So the Kings had to overpay for both of their UFA signings...why? I'd much rather play in sunny and beautiful Southern California than 90% of the other cities in the NHL. The Kings aren't even a bad team anymore..I mean 100 points and they STILL have to overpay. I just don't get it.

I'm happy with this signing. I remember Mitchell doing a great job on Kopitar every time the Kings played the Canucks. The guy is a great shutdown defender. Not much of a risk since the Kings have the space and they were desperate. It was either Mitchell for 3.5 or Randy Jones/someone similar/rookie...I'll take Mitchell.

Kings D is looking good once Greene comes back, especially on the defensive side of the puck with three pure shutdown defenders and two young guys who can more than handle their own. Offense from the back end might be a problem unless Johnson plays like he played at the end of last season/playoffs. If Johnson has a semi-breakout season, Doughty does Doughty, and the Kings get some offensive production out of that six slot then watch out.

Doughty-Scuderi
Johnson-Mitchell
Greene-Hickey/Drewiskie

RightKinger is offline   Reply With Quote