Thread: Oreskovich
View Single Post
Old
08-25-2010, 07:10 PM
Coolburn

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimHortons View Post
I remember his first game his absolutely plastered Alex Pietrangelo against the boards.

Like other posters indicated he started out with gusto and aplomb and proceeded to fade down the stretch. It could have been due to his long layoff from hockey and not being in full season game-shape. I think he'll carve out a niche on your 4th line as a hard skating/checking forward.
I think that was the reason for his decline. Even though he was supposedly in phenomenal physical shape, he wasnt really in game shape. So the style he was playing eventually caught up to him and he couldnt keep that up. He looked sluggish towards the end of his time in the NHL which to me signified that he just wasnt ready for a full season in the NHL.

He's definitely an energy guy and will really give your team a kick start as soon as he gets his big hit in. I remember an interview from him last season that he always likes to start off a game with getting a big hit in his first shift. I think he'll continue with that and fit in well on a 3rd/4th line with the Canucks.

Coolburn is offline   Reply With Quote