View Single Post
Old
08-25-2010, 08:39 PM
Faidh ar Rud Eigin
Modhnóirí Claonta

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornwall OHL View Post
I guess that I would want a team in Cornwall lol. The Royals left because of ownership issues, and the city pretty well pushing them out for a chance at an AHL team. That ended up being a huge debacle as the city owned the team, and after Quebec moved to Colorado, the franchise was shown very little support by Colorado. The city ended up losing a mountain of money on the Cornwall Aces.

Cornwall is an enigma in Ontario. The team struggled when they left the Q because diehard Q fans would travel to Cornwall because of the ease of access. We were supporting a semi-pro team, and a Junior A team at the same time, so we could for sure support an OHL team. Since the OHL was here, we improved the arena with seats all the way to the glass. I am sure that Cornwall is not on the radar for the OHL right now, the only news in last few years was that we were trying to get a Q league team again, but the O vetoed that.

Also Cambridge would not work. I use to attend the University of Guelph, and Cambridge is literally 20 minutes away from Guelph, and like 5 from Kitchener/Waterloo.
It doesn't mean they couldn't support a team.

Faidh ar Rud Eigin is offline   Reply With Quote