View Single Post
Old
08-25-2010, 11:03 PM
ponder

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lososaurus View Post
One detail I forgot was that the puck is in the right corner

Thanks for the advice guys. I've been trying to treat it like a 2-1 situation where I block the pass and let the goalie take the shot, but the puck always finds its way in the net.
It's a pretty different situation than a 2 on 1 breakaway though. In a 2 on 1 breakaway the puck carrier is definitely gonna have tonnes of time and tonnes of space to make a good pass, so your goal is to cut off the passing lane while restricting the puck carrier to the lowest percentage shot possible. But in the scenario you described, set up in your end with both offensive players close to the goalie, and the puck suddenly coming to one of them from the corner, theres way less time and space for the guy with the puck, so pressuring him (RIGHT AWAY!) will work much better in this situation than it would on a 2 on 1 breakaway.

Just think about what it would be like if YOU were the offensive player. You get the puck around the hash marks, the dman plays off you to cover the pass, you have all the time in the world to get off a great shot, life couldn't be better! There really is basically no better place to shoot from, especially if you have time. But if the moment you touch the puck the dman is all over you you're likely just gonna get off some garbage shot, if you even get off a shot at all. And making a good pass in tight space under pressure is pretty tricky too.

ponder is offline   Reply With Quote