View Single Post
Old
10-03-2003, 07:18 AM
joechip

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to joechip
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ1982
Connolly had a terrible year last year, but so did most of the Buffalo squad. As a 21 year old Connolly put up 45 points, at 20 he put up 41. Tell me how that is bad for a guy his age. It's true he doesn't play the style a Derek Roy plays, but rough and tumble obviously isn't his game. No, he hasn't become a stud player yet but the potential is still there. 22 is still young, and not every player can be a Heatley, who at 22 is a star (despite the recent bad news hope everything turns out alright in Atlanta). Take a look at a guy like Patrik Stefan who I would dare say hasn't done anything to overshadow Connolly, yet I don't hear half the criticisms about Stefan that I do Connolly. Connolly will never be a feisty agitator, but that's not what he was drafted to do. He's not the type of guy to display a whole lot of emotion on the ice either, but I wouldn't mistake that for a lack of desire. Last year was unacceptable and he needs to rebound this year. So far he has been iffy in the preseason, I wouldn't be too worried about it too much yet because preseason doesn't mean too much. If we get 30 games into this year and Connolly has only 10 points and he has a bad +/-, then I get worried.
Well said. There is no rush right now with this team. There's plenty of talent that has to 'grow up' beyond Tim. I really hope that Roy starts the year in Rochester. Let him suceed there, and if necessary call him up later, especially if Tim doesn't respond.

Focus on the positives of the preseason... The PP looks good, Max is flying, Kotalik looks like he's for real and Drury is everything we asked for.

Ta,