Thread: News Article: Markov Status
View Single Post
Old
08-26-2010, 01:32 PM
shortcat1

vCash: 500
No sour grapes but I already put this info as an add-on to the "Markov status" thread.

I guess the posters didn't clue onto it. So, I'm going to copy what I wrote in my post as a contribution to this one - just to add my flavour to it.

Here goes: "Again, listening to CKAC radio, there was an interview with Don Meighan with regards to a variety of issues (Donald Fehr, Kovalchuk's contract, etc.)

But, for our interest, Meighan told Michel Langevin, the host of the program "Sports du lit", that he expects that Markov may very well be ready to come back by the beginning of the NHL season. The expression Meighan used is: "I think that that's going to be very close."

At that statement, Meighan was questioned by Langevin regarding the fact that it was expected that Markov wouldn't be back till almost Christmas time. Meighan added: "he's been training well, his rehab has been good" and "my (Meighan's) understanding is that it wouldn't be that late at all." Meighan seemed to back off a bit when he said: "My hope is that it will be somewhere near the start of the season but we'll see how his rehab continues."

Hmmm.... is this just for the public's ear? Is it an expression of expectations? Is it a statement of a fact?

We'll see.

If you understand French, here's the link:

http://www.ckac.com/audioplayer.php?mp3=78001
"

shortcat1 is offline   Reply With Quote