View Single Post
Old
08-26-2010, 02:50 PM
Teufelsdreck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Gauthier didn't care about Halak's or his agent intentions. He mentioned it clearly in an interview at the question "Did you know what he was asking for" Gauthier said that he didn't need to ask him, that he knew what he'd ask for anyway.

Yes, there's a lot of things to consider. Halak did end up getting a 3.75 cap hit. So other decisions would have needed to be made. Trying to make other moves. Dealing Price instead so that the return would have been Eller-Schultz type of players and maybe more.

So yes, our opinions have to be based on what transpires and what we know. 'Cause if we'd wait to get some news from this organization, might as well close this board....
We heard from one other key source besides Gauthier--Halak's agent. His remarks came before the playoffs and they didn't sound amiable and they certainly weren't complimentary to Price. I'm pretty sure you read the thread devoted to it. I believe that even if the Habs had lots of room under the cap and Gauthier had offered Halak $3.75M to remain the offer would havr been turned down if Price also remained on the team. Do you share my belief?

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote