View Single Post
Old
08-26-2010, 05:16 PM
JayBee*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
I really think Halak will struggle this year, mainly because of his new expectations...he will now have pressure he never had before...and is making some serious coin vs last year....he also doesn't seem to be able to play 7-8 games in a row without tiring, or having a couple of real bad games, which also happened in the playoffs this year....
When you face 40 shots a game, it's understandable. I don't think he'll be facing as many shots in St. Louis. I also think he's a hard worker and will be OK under pressure. People forget this guy played very well in the Olympics (high pressure) as well as 2 game 7's in the playoffs (high pressure).

Now, I don't really know if he will be a stud in St.Louis. They're not that great of a team and he's still fairly unproven. He's similar to Price but he has just had more success at this point. He's also older.

I have no issue with PG trading Halak. I think trading Halak was probably the better move. Goalies are a dime a dozen nowadays...if Price ends up not being the right fit then they'll find a goalie to replace him. I think the key right now and into the future is to build up the defense. If you can insulate a goalie with good solid D-men you can do quite well in this league.

I find Price and Halak stans/bashers to be so frigging annoying. He's gone, get over it.

JayBee* is offline   Reply With Quote