View Single Post
Old
08-26-2010, 05:22 PM
Bob in Niagara

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Also possible that as professionnals you are, maybe you are not totally aware of what's going in every team of the league. Except Burke, rarely will you see and hear a GM bashing another one. So to me, Holland was just polite and we don't know they could be best of friends.

In the same statement, Holland understands Gauthier's decision....and then says that (on the cyberpresse article)

Translation: About the pressure, Holland says that Price won't have the choice to compose with it. If we can't deal with pressure, it might be because we're not doing the right job. When you are in this league, it means that you are able to deal with pressure.

So....do we know a whole lot of NHL or any professionnal sports athletes that compose with pressure better than others? And then, there's Columbus pressure.....Wings pressure....and Habs pressure. And we're talking about the goalie position....in Montreal. This is NOT pressure. This is beyond that. So while Holland believes in Price's talent, like we all do, he mentions that Price surely is able to deal with it since he's in the league....We'll see soon if that's enough.

As far as that statement "Professionnals know more than amateurs"....clearly should be true. Doesn't refrain them for being fired at least every 2-3 years.....

I respect Holland for what he did for his team. Clearly best GM of the league for a very very long time. But to me, his statement is more about a fellow GM "helping" another GM who's criticized a lot than a real acknowledgment of what's going, what's our status and all. Yes, salary cap is an issue. Of course. I would have made other sacrifices to keep both goalies at least till the deadline to know FOR SURE who I'd put my faith on for the next 10-15 years.
I will trust Gauthier for now...obviously we were never keeping both goalies next year...that was never in the plan...we chose Price and I am happy with that...win or lose...and we got a great return for Halak and I am happy with that also...so instead of whining about this all year...let's just move on shall we?

Bob in Niagara is offline   Reply With Quote