View Single Post
Old
08-26-2010, 10:59 PM
Dark Shadows

vCash: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by ushvinder View Post
I've seen the plyoff games from 74-76 and I can comfortably say hes below sakic and jagr in terms of playoff performances. It was reggie leach and rick macliesh that really stood out along with parent, clarke was just merely good.
Macleish was a playoff Monster. you will get no argument from me there. In fact, Macleish was better in the playoffs than Jagr ever was. Such a formidable clutch two way forward.

Parent was also a playoff Monster in his peak. No argument from me. His 2 Smythe's speak for themselves. Better than Jagr ever was.

Leach is somewhat of a darkhorse. He had 1 spectacular playoff run better than anything Jagr ever did. The only forward to ever win the Smythe on a losing team.

But I would still take Clarke's shutting down of opposing teams top lines and PK presence on my team while providing very good offense in the playoffs if I were drafting. Not to mention his Heart and soul leadership, tenacity, and willingness to do anything to win.

Granted I do rank Jagr slightly ahead. But let's not try to sell Clarke short here.

Dark Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote