View Single Post
Old
08-27-2010, 06:53 PM
Canadiens1958

vCash: 500
Primes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Phil View Post
When Bossy and Lafleur shared each other's prime (3 years from 1977-'80) it is important to note that Lafleur outscored him considerably in those three years and was named 1st team all-star at RW all three times. Bossy was a 2nd teamer 2 times in that span. My eyes also tell me that with all due respect to Bossy (geez I hate going against the Isles greats out of respect) if we are to match up Lafleur's best 6 years vs. Bossy's that Guy comes out on top without much argument.
Bossy was an all-star at the same stage of his career that Lafleur was trying to break into the top two lines or beyond 10th / 11the forward status in the playoffs.

If we go eight or ten years.

Lafleur: 6 - 1st AST member.
Bossy: 5 - 1st AST and 3 2nd AST member.

Edge to Bossy.

Bossy may not have had the same flash but he was more effective than Lafleur especially come playoff time.During the four consecutive Stanley Cup Championship runs of each team Bossy marginally out performs Lafleur on a PPG basis 1.54 > 1.50.Overall inc the 4 SC runs for each Mike Bossy has a 1.24 to 1.05 PPG edge. Assists a virtual wash scoring edge to Bossy.

Canadiens1958 is online now   Reply With Quote