Thread: News Article: Timonen not mentally ready yet
View Single Post
Old
08-28-2010, 01:11 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

vCash: 500
In all honesty when I read his comment about coming back and being in a "similar situation" ..I took it to playing a grueling season and trying to win the cup after being so damn close. He's been playing a lot of years and at a high level and logging big minutes. To not reach one of your goals b/c you just petered out as a team and had a below avg goaltender in net for the series has to be disheartening. I don't blame him. I'm sure his competitive juices will kick in ...they will have to. Laviolette is going to have to come up with a lot of new inspiring ways to get the guys who took the loss real hard like Richards and Timonen to compete at their highest level again. Look at Pronger...lost it in Edmonton and he's still has had strong mental fortitude. He'll corner Timonen and Richards if they do the whoa is me act too long and give them some massive noogies!

I have to say though to take his words and twist them is obviously "funner" b/c of the the dislike for Holmgren and Leighton....but yeah it's kind of baseless. However, if Leighton doesn't hold his own this year and needs to be baby sat and have the D play flawless well players like Timonen will have a harder time getting out of their mental funk...

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote