View Single Post
Old
08-28-2010, 04:13 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Duberstein View Post
The point is that when Leighton was playing bad teams, he looked serviceable, when he was playing good teams, he looked awful.
I just want to point out, that those "bad" teams were not only teams that made the playoffs, but one was our division champion, another was the ever-tough Boston Bruins who were sparked by the return of Savard, and the other was a team that knocked out the two "favorites" (though I didn't suspect either would make it far).

He looked bad against ALL of those teams because he was always bad.

He's still bad, if not terrible.

That said, some people are forgetting we were playing some really good competition.

The problem is mostly when we're facing a true offense. When it comes to that, I'm more afraid of some of the Western teams who have serviceable, though clearly not great, depth on the blueline as well as a deadly offense like Vancouver, Detroit, or San Jose than I am of a team like Washington.

I think it's more than possible to get to the Finals again, but at that point, we'll need to compete in a shootout unless our defense really has improved that much.

My biggest hope is that we can spread out the minutes with Meszaros - O'Donnell. If we can get all our pairings playing a solid 20 minutes a night, we might be able to rip apart the postseason with a "fresh" defense (at least fresher than other teams).

CS is offline   Reply With Quote